A standard color wheel- you can purchase one of these at the bookstore or any art supply store.
Many of you have made a color wheel in the past. For those of you who have not, I request that you create one. It is important to learn how colors mix and interact. It is also helpful to have a pocket color wheel to refer to until you get more familiar with colors and how they work.
Color, a workshop approach, is a great color theory book. I highly recommend it. I am taking a few images from this book to share with you-
This is some of the illustrated glossary, I chose pages with terms and examples of some of the things we will work on specifically in this class.
Color Progressions
We will be working on a number of color progressions with our first painting project. We will move through a complementary pair to their neutral, we will move through a complementary pair through a chromatic grey, we will move through progressions in hue, value, and saturation when working on describing observational light and shadow in our painting.
When we set up a pallette,
we will use a certain method of organization. I will show you the way I organize a pallette,
and we will also work on a color study to unify our pallette at home on our own time over the next 2 weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment